Monday, June 6, 2011

Australian Adventure: Anticipation

The time has come. Currently, I am sitting in Printy Hall on Cedarville's campus - my home for the next two days. I woke up at 3:30am this morning to fly from Richmond to Ohio, and despite my heavy eyes and aching body, my mind is alert with excited anticipation about the upcoming events. We start our training/rehearsals/"team bonding time" tonight, and go non-stop until we leave for the airport on Wednesday afternoon. Our total air time from Ohio to Australia totals about 24 hours, not including layovers or time zone changes. We will actually arrive at our first destination, Melbourne, at 9:20am Friday Australia time. Please pray that all our baggage arrives promptly, that our flights run on time, and that we transition smoothly without extreme jet lag.

How am I feeling about all of this?!? Like I said, I could not be more eager. At the same time, the excited butterflies in my stomach are accompanied by a few nervous butterflies. Everything will be new; international flights, living with a host family, giving ensemble concerts, and needing to know the music flawlessly. However, the experience of traveling in a different country, developing new close friendships, and watching God work in the hearts of people will undoubtedly create priceless memories and lessons learned. Until Aussie Land, everyone! Soli deo gloria.

No comments:

Post a Comment