Monday, October 10, 2011

Urban Muse

This past semester, I have learned things (like how to calculate the probability of your cousin's twin boys being colorblind), and experienced things (like the delectable taste of a frozen pumpkin spice chai). But none have impacted me as much as the lessons and experiences regarding urban ministry. I have always pictured myself ministering to middle class academia, showing both teenagers and adults thinking they have everything together a much more fruitful way of living. But seeing urban ministry explained and urban ministry in action has changed my thought process about the impoverished and the oppressed. Experiencing the opposite end of urban ministry completely reversed my perspective and opened my mind to a whole new world. And now I find myself burdened for two separate groups of people. Clarity is elusive; the future remains unclear. But I know that I cannot spare even one minute without remembrance; time is short. The harvest is ripe, yet the laborers are few.

No comments:

Post a Comment